Derry House Cemetery No.2

Cemetery Details

Location
Co‑ordinates N50.77902, E2.9007
Description

The cemetery is located 8 Km south of Ieper town centre.

Derry House Cemetery (there is now only one) was named after a farm, which had been nicknamed "Derry House" by soldiers of the Royal Irish Rifles. It was begun among the ruins of the farm in June 1917 by a field ambulance unit of the 11th Division (32nd Brigade). It was used as a front line cemetery until December 1917, and again in October 1918 by the 2nd London Scottish.

The cemetery contains 166 First World War burials and the remains of a concrete command post built by engineers of the 37th Division in July 1917.

The cemetery was designed by W.H. Cowlishaw.

Read more...

Names

Showing 8 people of interest from cemetery

BOURNE, Andrew Martin

Service number 3110
Private
47th Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born 30 Jul 1894

POPE, John

Service number 3411
Corporal
47th Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born 15 Mar 1897

GAULD, Harry Rutland

Service number 2365
Sergeant
47th Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born 11 May 1891

BRAMICH, Tyson Kenneth

Service number 2722
Lance Corporal
47th Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born 10 Nov 1895

CHALMERS, Colin Edmund Alleyne

Service number 4922
Second Lieutenant
52nd Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born 20 May 1882

LYONS, Robert Joseph

Service number 3226
Private
47th Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born 26 Apr 1892

MISSINGHAM, Walter James

Service number 5184
Private
47th Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born 5 Jun 1900

COLLINS, William Robert

Service number 3354
Private
47th Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born 1896

Showing 2 of 2 images.
Click images to start slideshow.