Herbecourt is a village and commune in the Department of the Somme, on the Amiens-Peronne road 8 kilometres west of Peronne. The British Cemetery is situated on the D1 road after leaving the village in the direction of Bray-sur-Somme.
The first six burials in Row A were made in February and March, 1917. At that time and until after the Armistice the cemetery was an Extension Eastwards of the Communal Cemetery Extension used by French and German troops, but the French and German Extension has been removed. The village fell into German hands in March, 1918, and was recaptured by the 6th Australian Infantry Brigade on the following 29th August; and in August and September, 1918, the cemetery was completed. There are now nearly 60, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. The cemetery covers an area of 326 square metres and is enclosed by a rubble wall.