Ration Farm (La Plus Douve) Annex is located 10.5 Kms south of Ieper town centre, on a road leading from the Rijselseweg N365, which connects Ieper to Wijtschate and on to Armentieres. From Ieper town centre the Rijselsestraat runs from the market square, through the Lille Gate (Rijselpoort) and directly over the crossroads with the Ieper ring road. The road name then changes to the Rijselseweg. The first right hand turning in the village of Messines leads onto the Mesenstraat. 2 Kms along the Mesenstraat on the left hand side lies the street Plus Douve. The cemetery is located 500 metres along the Plus Douve on the right hand side of the track.
In the valley of the river Douve, north of Ploegsteert Wood, were two farms. 'La Petite Douve' was the object of a successful raid by the 7th Canadian Infantry Battalion in November 1915 and 'La Plus Douve', which was generally within the Allied lines, was used at times as a battalion headquarters. It was also known as Ration Farm because battalion transport could approach it at night with rations. Ration Farm (La Plus Douve) Annexe was begun in January 1915 and used until January 1918. It contains 202 Commonwealth burials of the First World War. The cemetery was designed by G H Goldsmith.