Westhof Farm Cemetery is located 13.5 Kms south of Ieper town centre, on a road leading from the Kemmelseweg N 331, which connects Ieper to Kemmel and on to Nieuwkerke. From Ieper town centre the Kemmelseweg is reached via the Rijselsestraat, through the Lille Gate (Rijselpoort) and straight on towards Armentieres (N365). 900 metres after the crossroads is the right hand turning onto the Kemmelseweg (made prominent by a railway level crossing). After passing the village of Kemmel the N331 continues for 4 Kms towards Nieuwkerke. On reaching Nieuwkerke the N331 continues on as Seulestraat. 1.5 Kms along this road lies the right hand turning onto the Eikelstraat. The cemetery is located 1.4 Kms along the Eikelstraat on the left hand side of the road.
Westhof Farm was used by the New Zealand Division as headquarters in May and June 1917. The cemetery was begun in May 1917 and used by fighting units and field ambulances until April 1918, when it passed into German hands for five months. There are now 131 Commonwealth servicemen of the First World War buried or commemorated in this cemetery, including special memorials to six casualties whose graves were destroyed by shell fire. There are also five German war graves in the cemetery.
The cemetery was designed by G H Goldsmith.