Warloy-Baillon is a village about 21 kilometres north-east of Amiens along the D919 to Arras. The Communal Cemetery is on the east side of the village and the extension is on the eastern side of the cemetery.
The first Commonwealth burial took place in the communal cemetery in October 1915 and the last on 1 July 1916. By that date, field ambulances had come to the village in readiness for the attack on the German front line eight kilometres away, and the extension was begun on the eastern side of the cemetery.
The fighting from July to November 1916 on the northern part of the Somme front accounts for the majority of the burials in the extension, but some are from the German attack in the spring of 1918.
The communal cemetery contains 46 Commonwealth burials of the First World War and 158 French war graves.
Extension used from July 1916 to Nov 1916 Somme offensive & during the German attack in spring of 1918. Records 857 UK, 318 Aust., 152 Can., 3 unknown & 17 German burials.
The extension was designed by Sir Reginald Blomfield.