||Murray Street, Gawler, South Australia, Australia
In foyer of the Gawler Council. A large ornate embossed copper plaque manufactured from 20 oz. Copperplate mounted on a solid Blackwood stained and polished board. All 496 names are on brass nameplates; those that died during the conflict have brass stars preceding their names. The Honour Board comprises three panels, a large centre panel and two side panels. At the junction of the panels are two enamelled flags, Britain on the left, Australia on the right. At the base is a brass donation plaque.
||Wunderlich Limited, Adelaide
||5 July 1917 by Lady Butler
Logo of Corporation of Gawler
ROLL OF HONOR
LEST WE FORGET
THE GAWLER MEN
WHO ANSWERED THE CALL.
IN HONOR OF THE GAWLER SOLDIERS
WHO TOOK PART IN
"THE GREAT WAR"
was presented by
H.BISCHOF ESQ-OF SPRING GULLY
PRESIDENT OF THE INSTITUTE 1916-1917
(THIS TABLET HAS BEEN AFFIXED BY ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE)
MAINTAINED BY: Gawler Council
PECULIARITIES/DAMAGE: Final year of conflict not included
View Tributes of Honour Description