Leongatha War Memorial Hall Back to Search

Normal leongatha war memorial hall

Details

Location 6-8 McCartin Street, Leongatha, South Gippsland - Victoria, Australia
Type buildings
Description

The centrepiece is the statue of the Winged Victory carrying a palm frond and sword and flanked by bronze lamp standards (now missing their opal spheres).The interior decoration originally included twelve panels depicting scenes from the leading Australian battles of the First World War, with the Proscenium being flanked by scenes depicting Gallipoli, and the battle between HMAS Sydney and the Emden. These were painted by Mr J Broche of Inverloch.

Built Monument Designer: Theodore E. Molloy Monument Manufacturer: Raymond V. Ritchie
Opened 24 May 1926 by Brigadier General Elliot and Chaplain Colonel Cookston
Inscription

Condition

Good

Thumb leongatha war memorial hall
Showing 1 of 1 image.
Click images to start slideshow.