Melbourne Grammar School Anglican Chapel of St. Peter Memorial Windows Back to Search

Normal 399

Details

Location Domain Road, South Yarra, Melbourne - Victoria, Australia
Type stained_glass_window
Description

St. Peter's Chapel at Melbourne Grammar School was opened in May 1893. Initially the window openings were filled with leadlight quarries in Cathedral glass, however these were gradually replaced with figurative memorials from 1894 onwards. Dedication of the large west war memorial window was performed by Archbishop Booth of Melbourne at 3 pm on Sunday 12 November 1950. David Taylor Kellock (1913-1988) combined a series of uniformed soldiers, sailors and airmen with saints, angels and Christian symbols within the design.

Read more...
Built Not yet discovered
Opened Not yet discovered
Inscription

Condition

Good

Thumb 399Thumb 400Thumb 401
Showing 3 of 3 images.
Click images to start slideshow.