The first mention of a memorial window to eight Old Melburnians who died in the Boer War was in late 1902 and early the following year the Church of England Grammar School's council elected a committee to undertake the task. The pre-eminent London firm of stained glass artists, Clayton & Bell, was asked to prepare suitable designs for flankng windows to complement the central east window of the Chapel of St. Peter that had been given by Mr. ET Staughton in 1894, also by Clayton & Bell. The subjects chosen were appropriate: The Martyrdom of St. Alban as the Boer War memorial and The Venerable Bede as a memorial to Professor Morris, Head Master 1875-1882. The two windows were unveiled by the Archbishop of Melbourne at Melbourne Grammar School's Chapel of St. Peter on Sunday 9 September 1906.The Martyrdom of St. Alban paid tribute to eight former students who lost their lives in the war in South Africa: George Grice, C.W. Rogers, H.J. Goodman, J.W. Christie, C.H. Walter, G.E.W. Wilmot, R.P.N. Robertson, and B.C. Merrilees. At the conclusion of the Dedication Service -"The Last Post-" was sounded by the buglers of the school cadet corps. Mr. Justice Hodges, who was the first President of the Old Melburnians, then gave a short address. A commemorative window to George Grice was installed by his family at Trinity College Chapel in 1903.