Belmont St. Stephen's Anglican Church Memorial Window 2 Back to Search

Normal belmont st stephens 01b

Details

Location 42 Regent Street, Belmont, Greater Geelong - Victoria, Australia
Type stained_glass_window
Description

The triple light window at St Stephen’s Anglican Church is a memorial to five of the soldiers of the parish who paid the supreme sacrifice during World War One. Each of the three panels were created by stained glass artist William Montgomery (1850-1927).

The original wooden church that hosted the windows was opened on the 1st November 1906. The foundation stone of the current building was laid on the 25th October 1958 on the corner of Regent and Thomson Streets at Belmont and it was dedicated 24th May 1959. After a considerable time in storage, the historic stained glass windows by Montgomery were re-erected in the current building at the liturgical west end.

Read more...
Built William Montgomery (1850-1927).
Opened Not yet discovered
Inscription

Pvte H. M. Lennox - killed Nov 1916 - France

Cpl. R. T. Lennox - killed Aug 1916 - France

Condition

Good

Names

Showing 2 people of interest from memorial

LENNOX, Harold Marshall

Service number 2684
Private
29th Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1

LENNOX, Robert Thomas

Service number 997
Corporal
60th Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born 1893

Thumb belmont st stephens 01bThumb belmont st stephens 01cThumb belmont st stephens 01a
Showing 3 of 3 images.
Click images to start slideshow.