Belmont St. Stephen's Anglican Church Memorial Window 3 Back to Search

Normal belmont st stephens 01f

Details

Location 42 Regent Street, Belmont, Greater Geelong - Victoria, Australia
Type stained_glass_window
Description

The triple light window at St Stephen’s Anglican Church is a memorial to five of the soldiers of the parish who paid the supreme sacrifice during World War One. Each of the three panels were created by stained glass artist William Montgomery (1850-1927).

The original wooden church that hosted the windows was opened on the 1st November 1906. The foundation stone of the current building was laid on the 25th October 1958 on the corner of Regent and Thomson Streets at Belmont and it was dedicated 24th May 1959. After a considerable time in storage, the historic stained glass windows by Montgomery were re-erected in the current building at the liturgical west end.

Read more...
Built William Montgomery (Melbourne,VIC)
Opened Not yet discovered
Inscription

Pvte E. W. Davis - killed Oct 1915 - Gallipoli

Sgt C. F. Arnold MM - killed Oct 1917 - France

Condition

Good

Names

Showing 1 person of interest from memorial

Thumb 1a
DAVIS, Ewart William

Service number 500
Private
Born May 1880

Thumb belmont st stephens 01aThumb belmont st stephens 01fThumb belmont st stephens 01g
Showing 3 of 3 images.
Click images to start slideshow.