Armidale Methodist Church Memorial Organ Back to Search

Normal armidale methodist church memorial organ

Details

Location Armidale Uniting Church Hall, 114 Rusden Street, Armidale, Armidale Dumaresq - New South Wales, Australia
Type other
Description

At the unveiling of the Honour Roll in the church on Sunday 3 April 1921, it was reported that plans were underway to establish a memorial organ and 250 pounds was aimed for. On Sunday 24 April, the new memorial organ was dedicated and a farewell service was given to the Reverend H.E. Andrews. The funds were almost provided at the offertory taken at the unveiling of the honour board two weeks earlier. The organ was a Estey model E54 with eleven stops, double manual and all modern accessories. In July 1935 a new organ purchased from St Stephen’s Church in Sydney was installed.

The new organ was officially opened and dedicated on Sunday 21 July 1935.

Read more...
Built Not yet discovered
Opened Not yet discovered
Inscription

1914 The Great War 1919
Memorial Organ
In honor of the men who in the nations hour of need responded to the call of duty

[Today, this plaque is located on the church organ installed in July 1935]

Condition

Good

Thumb armidale methodist church memorial organ
Showing 1 of 1 image.
Click images to start slideshow.