Hindmarsh Church of Christ Men's Bible Class Roll of Honour Back to Search

Normal hindmarsh church of christ mens bible class

Details

Location Old Fire Station, Hindmarsh Place, Hindmarsh, Charles Sturt - South Australia, Australia
Type honour_roll
Description

Wooden Honour Board with raised wooden bible

Thomas Magarey, prominent pastoralist, State Parliamentarian, and owner of the Hindmarsh Flour Mill, was a founder of the Church of Christ in Australia.

He donated the land for this church which opened in October 1866 and was originally available for use by all Christian faiths in the community.

With a rapidly growing congregation the church was enlarged in 1892 to accommodate 400 people.

In 1933 the church changed its name to the Christian Chapel.

The church closed in the 1990s and is now private ownership.

Read more...
Built Not yet discovered
Opened Not yet discovered
Inscription

ROBERT ST
HINDMARSH CHURCH OF CHRIST
MEN'S BIBLE CLASS
ROLL OF HONOUR
1939 -4
(Names)

Condition

Good

Names

Showing 1 person of interest from memorial

Thumb normal img 5781
BROOKER, Gordon Roy

Service number 407040
Flying Officer
Born 16 Feb 1919

Thumb hindmarsh church of christ mens bible class
Showing 1 of 1 image.
Click images to start slideshow.