Dandenong Cenotaph & Pillars of Freedom Back to Search

Normal war memorial at dandenong victoria 33497798830 o

Details

Location Clow Street & Palm Plaza, Dandenong, Greater Dandenong - Victoria, Australia
Type memorial
Description

The cenotaph was originally unveiled on the 12th August 1928 in memory of those who lost their lives in World War One. The cenotaph originally stood opposite the Town Hall before being moved to its present site and incorporated with the Pillars of Freedom.

The cenotaph is a stepped obelisk, the two concrete pillars of freedom carry bronze sculptures and metal flagpoles and a triangular concrete plinth carries descriptive plaques.

Built Not yet discovered
Opened 25 June 1995
Inscription

Front Inscription
Lest We Forget.

Our Glorious Dead

Left Side Inscription
The Pillars of Freedom were officially blessed by the combined Clergy of the City of Dandenong during the unveiling ceremony

25th June 1995

Back Inscription
Lest We Forget.

Our Glorious Dead

Condition

Good

Thumb war memorial at dandenong victoria 33497798830 oThumb war memorial at dandenong victoria 33038960494 oThumb war memorial at dandenong victoria 33753476861 oThumb war memorial at dandenong victoria 33841793986 o
Thumb war memorial at dandenong victoria 33039198144 oThumb war memorial at dandenong victoria 33882856095 o
Showing 4 of 6 images.
Click images to start slideshow.