Harvey War Memorial Library Back to Search

Normal harvey war memorial library

Details

Location Young Street, Harvey, Western Australia, Australia
Type buildings
Description

The War Memorial Library was originally erected to commemorate those who died in service or were killed in action in World War One. Two metal plaques mounted on either side of the entrance doors to the library are inscribed with the names of those who died in World Wars One and Two.

In 1920, the Library was erected at a cost of £900, which was defrayed by local subscription. The foundation stone of the Library was laid by the Governor in 1921 after a campaign was initiated by Mr. Roy Hayward to raise a large sum of money towards its cost.

Read more...
Built Mr. P. J. Ward (builder)
Opened 24 March 1922 by Foundation stone laid by Sir Francies Newdegate K.C.M.C. Governor of Western Australia 19 October 1921
Inscription

WAR MEMORIAL LIBRARY

Condition

Good

Thumb harvey war memorial libraryThumb war memorial library   harvey  wa officially opened 24th may 1922.Thumb img 7196Thumb plaques
Showing 4 of 4 images.
Click images to start slideshow.