Point McLeay Back to Search

Details

The Point McLeay Mission Station was established by the Aborigines' Friends' Association and the Reverend George Taplin in 1859 on the south banks of Lake Alexandrina in Ngarrindjeri country. It was established to provide assistance to the Aboriginal people of the Lower Lakes district. It was renamed Raukkan in 1982.

Names

Showing 7 people of interest from Point McLeay

Thumb normal image
RIGNEY, Cyril Spurgeon

Service number 2042
Private
43rd Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born 22 Feb 1897

Thumb image
RANKINE, Andrew James Enoch

Service number S74505
Private
Volunteer Defence Corps (VDC)
Volunteer Defence Corps (WW2)
Born 19 Dec 1898

Thumb 1b
CARTER, Roland Winzel

Service number 3027
Private
50th Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born 28 Feb 1892

Thumb 1aa
VARCOE, Francis Alban

Service number 6170
Private
27th Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born Oct 1895

Thumb normal 1ab
WILSON, Proctor Martin

Service number 3967
Private
10th Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born 1887

Thumb image
WILSON, Garnet Eustace

Service number S83431
Private
25 Employment Company
Citizen Military Forces (CMF) / Militia - WW2
Born 27 Sep 1897

Thumb capture
RIGNEY, Rufus Gordon

Service number 3872
Private
48th Infantry Battalion
AIF WW1
Born 29 Nov 1899

Thumb pointmcleay
Showing 1 of 1 image.
Click images to start slideshow.