Are you looking for help with a topic, research methods or resources to complete your Research Project?
Here at the VWMA, we are passionate about Australian History. Our focus is telling the stories of those that served; their lives, how they impacted the community, their legacy in Australia.
Because our historians are experts in military history, the VWMA can offer in-depth knowledge and expertise on a range of topics.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander service, such as the impacts of lack of recognition of service, the contribution to the Defence Force (then and now), impacts of attacks on Top End communities and their long-term effects
- Women in war; how has the role of women changed over time, have women been accepted in these new roles, and how did military participation impact women’s lives post-service.
- The development and/or application of Fieldcraft techniques, both as a specific topic or as it applies to Units or roles.
- Returning to homelands after conflict, such as the soldier settlement schemes.
- Peacemaking versus Peacekeeping and how are both different from war?
- Delivering online museum collections, digital public education spaces and online archives
Research Processes - Benefits of the VWMA
To assist you in connecting with resources meet the requirements of using at least three different processes, the VWMA have a team of experts available. We can help with:
- Interviews with veterans
- Support from researchers using primary sources
- Linking you with other institutions and historians
Have a project?
If you have a project in mind or have completed your initial capability and proposal outline, we would love to hear from you.
Simply email the Schools Program Manager at [email protected] and include the following:
Name and School
Proposal Outline (if completed)
What would you like to access? If you’re not sure, that’s ok!