About This Unit
The 2nd Australian Auxiliary Hospital was established by the AIF in the St Marylebone School (South Road, Southall Middlesex, England) in 1916, using personnel from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Auxiliary Hospitals, which had recently disbanded in Egypt. Specialised in fitting artificial limbs.
It has 237 beds and received its first patient in September 1916, closing on 31st May 1919.
We would particularly like to encourage individual historians researchers or members of unit associations to contribute to the development of a more detailed history and photographs pertaining to this unit and its members.
Please contact email@example.com for details on how to contribute.