Professional Learning 2024
The Virtual War Memorial Australia (VWMA) provides Professional Learning sessions for teachers to assist with the delivery of Australian Military History.
Sessions can cover all or some of the following tailored to the needs of your teachers:
- Discover the varied range of teaching resources on the VWMA
- How serviceperson biographies align with the Australian Curriculum and SACE in an engaging and challenging way
- Modifying/adapting serviceperson biographies to meet the diverse learning needs of your students
- How serviceperson biographies are AI ‘proof’ (offering an authentic task that develops students’ research and literacy skills)
- Locating, reading and interpreting service records and unit diaries
- Navigating the Australian War Memorial and using Trove as a historical source, plus more
- Hints and tips for the South Australian Premier’s ANZAC Spirit School Prize
- Uploading students’ research and biographies to the Virtual War Memorial Australia, which after moderation, could become a permanent part of the public record
Contact us to book a session appropriate to the needs of your teachers and their students. Timing is flexible and can take place during or after school hours. We can adjust the timing to suit faculty staff meetings or professional development days.
Sessions can be provided in person for Adelaide schools and via video conferencing for regional and rural schools. For South Australian schools call Kate Johnson 0419 620 297 or email [email protected]. Interstate schools please contact [email protected]
Further Professional Learning opportunities will be offered at the Torrens Parade Grounds Adelaide. Keep checking the website for details as they become available.
Teacher Workshop Premier's ANZAC Spirit School Prize - Strengthening Student Entries
WEDNESDAY 27 MARCH
ONLINE VIA MS TEAMS (link to be sent after registration)
NO COST TO ATTEND
This online workshop (MS Teams) is for teachers interested in supporting student entries for the 2024 Premier's Anzac Spirit School Prize.
In this workshop, you will hear from members of the judging panel, education staff from the Virtual War Memorial Australia & previously successful supporting teachers and students.
You will find out more about the application and judging processes, and gain some "tips and tricks" on ways that you can help strengthen your student's entries.
To register click HERE
Premier's ANZAC Spirit School Prize Workshop - students and teachers
Wednesday 10 July 2024: 9:00am – 12:30pm
Free school holiday half-day intensive workshop to complete the Premier's Anzac Spirit School Prize. Virtual War Memorial staff and historians will be available to provide assistance.
Students and teachers welcome.
BYO own device. Located at Memorial Hall, Ground Floor, ANZAC House, Torrens Training Depot, with free parking.
Availability is limited. If you are unable to book, please email the Schools Program Manager [email protected]
To book scan the QR code below or go to: https://www.trybooking.com/CPODZ
Living in regional areas?
One-on-one video conferencing sessions are available for teachers and students on the following dates:
Tuesday 9th July
Wednesday 16th July
To book a video conferencing session please email [email protected]