Clarence George COOPER


COOPER, Clarence George

Service Number: 1953
Enlisted: 6 September 1915, Adelaide, South Australia
Last Rank: Driver
Last Unit: 23rd Field Artillery Brigade (disbanded Jan 1917)
Born: Port Lincoln, South Australia, 16 September 1896
Home Town: Port Lincoln, Port Lincoln, South Australia
Schooling: Poonindie Public School
Occupation: Farmer
Died: Died of Illness (pneumonia), Military Hospital London, England, 17 January 1917, aged 20 years
Cemetery: Kensal Green (St. Mary's) Roman Catholic Cemetery
Australian Section, 2197
Memorials: Adelaide National War Memorial, Australian War Memorial Roll of Honour, Port Lincoln & District Honor Roll WW1, Port Lincoln Garden of Remembrance
Show Relationships

World War 1 Service

6 Sep 1915: Enlisted AIF WW1, Private, SN 1953, Adelaide, South Australia
10 Feb 1916: Involvement AIF WW1, Private, SN 1953, 9th Light Horse Regiment, Enlistment/Embarkation WW1
10 Feb 1916: Embarked AIF WW1, Private, SN 1953, 9th Light Horse Regiment, HMAT Warilda, Adelaide
17 Jan 1917: Involvement AIF WW1, Driver, SN 1953, 23rd Field Artillery Brigade (disbanded Jan 1917)

Help us honour Clarence George Cooper's service by contributing information, stories, and images so that they can be preserved for future generations.


Medals: British War Medal, Victory Medal

Observer (Adelaide, SA: 1905 - 1931) Saturday 3 March 1917


Mr. and Mrs, Cooper, of White's Flat, Port Lincoln, have been notified of the death of their second son, Clarence, which occurred in London, of pneumonia. The deceased left for the front in February of last year. He saw service in Egypt, and then proceeded to England. He was a promising youth of a particularly bright and cheerful disposition, and was a general favourite. (

Chronicle (Adelaide, SA: 1895 - 1954) Saturday 17 February 1917


The many friends of the late Private Clarence G. Cooper, second son of Mr. and Mrs. W. Cooper, of White's Flat, Port Lincoln, will regret to hear of his death from pneumonia in hospital in London. Private Cooper was widely known on the West Coast. He left for the front at the beginning of February, 1916. (