Alick Morris FULLER

Badge Number: S35238, Sub Branch: Victor Harbour

FULLER, Alick Morris

Service Number: 35238
Enlisted: Not yet discovered
Last Rank: Gunner
Last Unit: 39th Infantry Battalion
Born: Yacka, South Australia, 9 June 1890
Home Town: Not yet discovered
Schooling: Not yet discovered
Occupation: Farmer
Died: Victor Harbour, South Australia, 6 August 1958, aged 68 years, cause of death not yet discovered
Cemetery: Centennial Park Cemetery, South Australia
Memorials: Hamley Bridge District WW1 Roll of Honor, Mundoora War Memorial, Owen District Roll of Honor WW1, Tarlee & District Roll of Honor WW1, Tarlee War Memorial, Yacka Public School Roll of Honour, Yacka WWI Honour Board
Show Relationships

World War 1 Service

9 Nov 1917: Involvement Gunner, 35238, Field Artillery Brigades, --- :embarkation_roll: roll_number: '4' embarkation_place: Melbourne embarkation_ship: HMAT Port Sydney embarkation_ship_number: A15 public_note: ''
9 Nov 1917: Embarked Gunner, 35238, Field Artillery Brigades, HMAT Port Sydney, Melbourne
11 Nov 1918: Involvement Gunner, 35238, 39th Infantry Battalion

Help us honour Alick Morris Fuller's service by contributing information, stories, and images so that they can be preserved for future generations.

Biography contributed by tony griffin

Alick Fuller was the son of William and Helen (nee Plew) Fuller of Yacka. He was also the younger brother of  Malcolm Fuller who farmed at Keilli near Mundoora.

Alick was born at Yacka in 1890. A farmer at Tarlee, he was 26 years old when he enlisted in Adelaide on 19 February 1917.

Alick was appointed to Reinforcements Field Artillery and relocated to Maribyrnong near Melbourne where he was allocated to 27th Reinforcements 10th Field Artillery Brigade. 27th Reinforcements embarked from Melbourne aboard HMAT A15 “Port Sydney” on 9 November 1917 and disembarked at Southampton on 22 December. After training in England Alick proceeded overseas to France on 8 April 1918. Initially taken on strength of 4 Division Ammunition Column he was transferred to 10 Field Artillery Brigade on 26 June. With the war at an end Alick returned to England where he was granted 3 months leave, with pay and subsistence,  for non-military employment in general farming.

Alick embarked from England aboard A14 “Euripides” on 6 September 1919. This was only 2 days before his sister in law, 22 year old Eva, was buried. He disembarked at Adelaide 18 October and was discharged on 19 November. Alick returned to “Gillowen” Tarlee.