Robert William FRASER


FRASER, Robert William

Service Number: 1141
Enlisted: 31 August 1914, Morphettville, South Australia
Last Rank: Private
Last Unit: 10th Infantry Battalion
Born: Port Lincoln, South Australia, 12 September 1893
Home Town: Port Lincoln, Port Lincoln, South Australia
Schooling: Not yet discovered
Occupation: Labourer
Died: Killed in Action, Gallipoli, 8 August 1915, aged 21 years
Cemetery: Lone Pine Cemetery, ANZAC
Plot II, row A, Grave No. 20
Memorials: Adelaide National War Memorial, Australian War Memorial Roll of Honour, Port Lincoln & District Honor Roll WW1
Show Relationships

World War 1 Service

31 Aug 1914: Enlisted AIF WW1, Private, SN 1141, Morphettville, South Australia
27 Dec 1914: Involvement AIF WW1, Private, SN 1141, 10th Infantry Battalion, Enlistment/Embarkation WW1
27 Dec 1914: Embarked AIF WW1, Private, SN 1141, 10th Infantry Battalion, HMAT Themistocles, Melbourne
25 Apr 1915: Involvement AIF WW1, Private, SN 1141, 10th Infantry Battalion, 'ANZAC' / Gallipoli
8 Aug 1915: Involvement AIF WW1, Private, SN 1141, 10th Infantry Battalion, The August Offensive - Lone Pine, Suvla Bay, Sari Bair, The Nek and Hill 60 - Gallipoli

Help us honour Robert William Fraser's service by contributing information, stories, and images so that they can be preserved for future generations.


Medals: 1914-15 Star, British War Medal, Victory Medal

Chronicle (Adelaide, SA: 1895 - 1954) Saturday 16 October 1915


Private Robert W. Fraser, who was well known at Miniribbi, Lake Wangary, and at Port Lincoln, was a son of the late Mr. William Fraser, who for many years kept the Pier Hotel, Port Lincoln. His father died some years ago, and since then he had been his mother's right hand. When the war broke out he decided with three other Port Lincoln boys that it was his duty to help the motherland. After being in camp at Morphettville for some time he developed pneumonia, and was removed to the Adelaide Hospital. He survived the attack, and left the hospital when barely convalescent, and returned to his companions in camp. He went to the Dardanelles and was wounded, went into hospital, recovered, and returned to the trenches. He was killed in action on August 8. He was a brave soldier and a good son. - from the Adelaide Chronicle 16 Oct 1915 (