Service Number: 117
Enlisted: Not yet discovered
Last Rank: Lieutenant
Last Unit: 4th Light Horse Regiment
Born: Adelaide, 1888
Home Town: Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
Schooling: Not yet discovered
Occupation: Bank Clerk
Died: Died of wounds, United Kingdom, 10 June 1918
Cemetery: Netley Military Cemetery
Memorials: Wallaroo St Mary The Virgin Anglican Church Memorial Certificate, Wallaroo St Mary's Anglican Church Stained Glass Window, Wallaroo WW1 Roll of Honour
Show Relationships

World War 1 Service

19 Oct 1914: Embarked Corporal, SN 117, 4th Light Horse Regiment, HMAT Wiltshire, Melbourne
19 Oct 1914: Involvement Corporal, SN 117, 4th Light Horse Regiment
10 Jun 1918: Involvement Lieutenant

Help us honour Reginald Harrington's service by contributing information, stories, and images so that they can be preserved for future generations.

Biography contributed by Sharyn Roberts

Lieutenant R. HARRINGTON, D.C.M., son of Mr. T. B. Harrington, manager of the National Bank, Adelaide, has died of wounds at the front.  
For some time he was accountant of the National Bank, Wallaroo, and he married Miss Edie Chatfield, daughter of Mr. G. Chatfield. Lieutenant
Harrington took a great interest in sport in Wallaroo, and when he left the bank went into business as auctioneer and agent. Mrs. Harrington,
who was born in Wallaroo, has a brother with the Light Horse in Palestine.


Biography contributed by Elsa Reuter

Citation for Distinguished Conduct Medal

'For conspicuous gallantry and devotion to duty. Although wounded he remained at his post for three hours, and afterwards rendered a most valuable report on the situation.'
Source: 'Commonwealth Gazette' No. 140
Date: 27 August 1917

Biography contributed by Loxton High School

Reginald Harrington was 26 years old when he signed up to join the war.  He started out in the fourth light horse but was later transferred to the 59th battalion.  He was married to Edith Belmont Harrington.  He was 5 foot 11, Had brown hair and had yellowish eyes.  He died on the 10th of June 1918 at Netley Military Hospital.  He was later buried in the Netley Military Cemetery.