Bernard Allanson CRIPPS

CRIPPS, Bernard Allanson

Service Numbers: 158, Q185231
Enlisted: 30 September 1915, Townsville, Queensland
Last Rank: Captain
Last Unit: HQ Instructional Details (AMF)
Born: Fremantle, Western Australia, 11 September 1894
Home Town: Townsville, Townsville, Queensland
Schooling: Not yet discovered
Occupation: Picture framer
Died: Natural causes, Brisbane, Queensland, 23 December 1950, aged 56 years
Cemetery: Not yet discovered
Memorials: City of Townsville WW1 Honour Roll, Townsville No. 37 Magnetic Lodge P.A.F.S.O.A. Honor Board, Townsville West State School Memorial Gate
Show Relationships

World War 1 Service

30 Sep 1915: Enlisted AIF WW1, Private, SN 158, Townsville, Queensland
18 May 1916: Embarked AIF WW1, Lance Sergeant, SN 158, 41st Infantry Battalion, HMAT Demosthenes, Sydney
18 May 1916: Involvement AIF WW1, Lance Sergeant, SN 158, 41st Infantry Battalion, Enlistment/Embarkation WW1
12 Sep 1919: Discharged AIF WW1, Lieutenant, 41st Infantry Battalion

World War 2 Service

7 Jul 1940: Involvement Captain, SN Q185231
7 Jul 1940: Enlisted
7 Jul 1940: Enlisted SN Q185231
23 Jan 1945: Discharged SN Q185231
23 Jan 1945: Discharged Captain, SN Q185231, HQ Instructional Details (AMF)

Help us honour Bernard Allanson Cripps's service by contributing information, stories, and images so that they can be preserved for future generations.

Biography contributed by John Edwards

Son of George Beaumont and the late Marion Cripps, of Townsville. On the 9th April, 1920, was married to Mabel Edith Quin, daughter of the late Joseph and Lily Quin, of Snadwell, S. Australia. Mobilised in August, 1914, and camped at Kissing Point, Townsville. Went to Thursday island. Saw service in Papua and German new Guinea till 13th September 1914. Enlisted in A.I.F. 11th September, 1915, and embarked on 16th May, 1916, and went to France. Received Commisssion on the field in August, 1917. Was wounded at Passchendale on 4th October, 1917, but returned to his unit in January, 1918. left France in March, 1919, and arrived in Australia in July, 1919.