Clive Eric (N/A) BOYCE

BOYCE, Clive Eric

Service Numbers: 8488, SN 8488
Enlisted: 3 August 1915
Last Rank: Gunner
Last Unit: 6th Field Artillery Brigade
Born: Victoria, 25 September 1894
Home Town: Medindie, Walkerville, South Australia
Schooling: Adelaide High School
Occupation: Architect
Died: Old age, 19 September 1963, aged 68 years, place of death not yet discovered
Cemetery: North Road Cemetery, Nailsworth, South Australia
Memorials: Adelaide High School Honour Board
Show Relationships

World War 1 Service

3 Aug 1915: Enlisted
22 Nov 1915: Embarked Gunner, 8488, 6th Field Artillery Brigade , HMAT Persic, Melbourne
22 Nov 1915: Involvement Gunner, 8488, 6th Field Artillery Brigade , --- :embarkation_roll: roll_number: '4' embarkation_place: Melbourne embarkation_ship: HMAT Persic embarkation_ship_number: A34 public_note: ''
21 Apr 1917: Wounded AIF WW1, Gunner, SN 8488, 6th Field Artillery Brigade , Sick in hospital.
11 Nov 1917: Wounded AIF WW1, Gunner, SN 8488, 6th Field Artillery Brigade , Suffered from gunshot on the left leg. Transmitted to England.
11 Nov 1918: Involvement Gunner, 8488
11 Aug 1919: Discharged AIF WW1, Gunner, SN 8488, 6th Field Artillery Brigade , End of war

World War 2 Service

21 Jan 1943: Enlisted Keswick, SA

World War 1 Service

Date unknown: Wounded 8488

Help us honour Clive Eric Boyce's service by contributing information, stories, and images so that they can be preserved for future generations.

Biography contributed by Adelaide High School

Clive Eric Boyce was an Australian Soldier in World War 1, and had participated on the front of Egypt, France and England. He joined the 6th Artillery Brigade, as a gunner. Throughout the war, he had a septic infection due top an ulcer in his left heel, and as a result was transported to England for treatment. The following year , 1917, he was hospitalised again due to the mumps. During his time as a Gunner, was was punished for 2 'crimes'; one being a failure to salute, so he fined 3 days pay and the other was leaving his water and horses unattended and running over some crops, for this he received field punishment No. 2. 

He died on the 19th of September 1963. He had received a 1914-1915 Star Medal, a British War Medal, and a Victory medal. He received those medals between 1921-1922.